Be smart with phones and tablets: how to create an impactful mobile commerce strategy
Escrito por: Diligent Team
In all business models, especially on those that manufacture, sell and distribute a product or service, there is a critical factor that comes into play: distribution. Ecommerce and mobile commerce base their growth on placing the consumer in the heart of their strategies and business models. But a good product, a correct customer service, and competitive prices are useless if we are not able to deliver the product on a fast, comfortable and secure way. Today we need to be smart with our phones and tablets, use them as a channel to put our product or service closer to our customers. If all this captured your attention keep reading and discover how to create an impactful mobile commerce strategy.
How to create an impactful mobile commerce strategy
Unique client, geolocalization, optimized information, m-commerce & e-commerce integration, web & app.
A frequent mistake companies make when taking their first steps into mobile commerce is replicating their e-commerce site and only adapting the interface for making it easier to visualize on the small screens of mobile devices. Make sure not make that common error! In smartphones and tablets the navigation, information flow and customer interaction are completely different from normal websites.
Are you wondering how to create an impactful mobile commerce strategy? Here are 5 important tips that you need to take into account:
1. Unique client: your e-commerce and m-commerce should allow your customers to start the buying process on their tablets or smartphones and finish it on their laptops or viceversa, in that way your customer will feel secured, cared and unique. Imagine that from your phone you go to Amazon.com and check what want to buy for Christmas while you are watching tv. At the moment of payment you decide to do it later from your computer. The ability of having on your big screen the same items you selected on your phone, and getting Amazon to recognize your selection and even offer you other options, that is what makes you feel unique.
2. Geolocalization: this is a very important attribute that any mobile commerce should exploit at its maximum. It´s key that you customer can know if he has any stores close by and if it has the product he is looking for, working hours information, address, etc. You need to transmit to your customers that you are near, right there if they need you.
3. Optimized information: your mobile users need all the product or service details you can provide (images, technical specifications, stock availability). If you need to reduce content avoid deleting relevant information for the purchase decision. Keep the details that matter. For instance, if you want to buy the latest smartphone and you are checking it from your tablet you might want to know all the characteristics, see videos and read opinions. Well, the same happens with your customers when they visit your mobile site or app.
4. e-Commerce & m-Commerce Integration: your mobile commerce site must be successfully integrated in terms of infrastructure and data with your e-commerce. This will allow to inform your customers if a product is available in a certain store, in which colors, sizes, etc.
5. Web site or App: the decision of creating a website or an app will be based according to your business needs, the characteristics of your target, your market and the product you are offering. For certain sectors like retail, hotels, travel agencies it is highly recommended to create an app, but for other business like a small drug store in a neighborhood it´s better to have an e-commerce. The great advantage that apps can offer is that they can provide a user experience similar to a catalogue. The customer can interact more and obtain more details compared to a m-commerce site.
- Analítica web
- Big Data
- Diseño Gráfico
- Diseño Web
- Email Marketing
- Estrategias de Captación
- Estrategias de Fidelización
- Facebook Ads
- Marca Personal
- Marketing de Contenidos
- Marketing de continguts
- Marketing Digital
- Marketing Online
- Marketing Restaurantes
- Online Marketing
- Reputación online
- Social Media
- Vídeo Marketing